SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Treat Yo Self


On Sunday I had my graduation ball. I loved it, it was so nice to be with all my course friends and celebrate the last 4 years of hard work. For the ball, I've had a big week of treat yo self, and I am really not ashamed of this.

So many people get guilt tripped or asked 'isn't there something better for you to spend your money on' when you want to splash out and make yourself feel amazing. No one should be made to feel like they have done something wrong for spending money on themselves. Whether it's buying that new eye shadow palette or getting your eye brows threaded. If it makes you feel a million dollars and you can afford it, then do it. The beauty industry is always seen as quite frivolous and not one to be invested into, with many people around me being made to feel like airheads for enjoying beauty and it should not be like that. Everyone should be supported and encouraged to do whatever makes them feel good and happy.

For the ball I had my nails done, my eyebrows threaded and legs waxed, I've fannied about with tan (lol you can't see it because lol I'm so white like snow) and got my make up done. I felt incredible. Yes this has cost nearly £75 in total (plus whatever I spent on my outfit) but the affect these treatments had on my confidence on the night are priceless. You can't buy confidence, but you can at least buy products and services to help boost confidence, and I will never be ashamed of that.

The moral of today's story is that you should never, ever feel guilty for spending money on yourself if it enhances your life, even if it is in the most tiny way possible.

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox