SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 26 June 2015

My MAC Quad

My MAC Quad, how glorious

So I thought I would lighten the ship up after my last blog post about Hidradenitis Suppurativa with a delicious post about my MAC palette. I got this palette for my 21st Birthday this year, and as I was working for John Lewis at the time and they finally brought MAC online that I caved, used my discount and got myself one. Special mention to the brushes in the photo, my Sigma E40 Blending Brush, the E30 Pencil Brush and my real techniques shader brush.

I got myself Blanc Type, a pale pinky almost white matte to use as a base or a subtle brow highlighter. This gives of very light coverage but helps to correct any blending mistakes or balance out my brow bone. 

Blanc Type

Omega, a dirty in a good way medium matte brown which is perfect for a spot of the old contour for us palies, and I will use this to add depth to a contour right in the cheekbone. I use this shade as my blend out shade, on my how did I live without you Sigma E40 blending brush. It isn't the most pigmented but this makes it good for contouring as you cant accidentally add too much on.

Omega

Woodwinked, an orangey brown packed with shimmer which looks just beautiful packed on day or night. I used to go into MAC stores and stare at this shade for probably about 3 years and is definitely my number one most worn eye shadow shade of 2015. I pack this on with my real techniques shader brush top eyelid and bottom lash line.

Woodwinked

Finally Satin Taupe, a dark brown, almost purpally shimmery shadow, which look heavenly paired with Woodwinked or on its own for a quick smokey eye. This is a fabulous shade and I wish I had it sooner if I'm honest.

Satin Taupe

These are the shades swatched:

L-R Blanc Type, Omega, Woodwinked and Satin Taupe.

I am very happy with my MAC palette and I have used it pretty much non stop since it arrived in my life in August.

What is in your MAC quad or your fantasy quad?

Love, Hev

xoxox